Yictanaghz the Mad

Started by Lannister, August 31, 2021, 01:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lannister

Yictanaghz was a long lived character by my standards. I tried to make him a villain that you could always oppose in some way, his schemes were always there to be thwarted and I tried my best to take risks so others could get in on the action too.

He was also my first earnt Pale Master and generally I tried to just be a supporting figure to as many shady pcs as possible. From his time as a drug dealing scrag lad, to the height of his career as the hand of Blacksmile, I always made time to support crooked pcs trying to get one up on the world.

A big thank you to all DMs and players I interacted with over his long life! I'd also like to offer a special thanks to Bearic for his help in overseeing the Blacksmile goals and letting me be a spooky necromancer.

Look at that perma xp, it's mostly from risking my life in permadeath situations. So let that be a rough indicator of the amount of stuff I got up to.

I have so, so, so many screenshots. Enough that I really can't go through them all, however I've cherry picked the best ones I could. Maybe I'll upload the rest as a bundle somewhere but for now, here are some moments and screenshots from Yic's life.

Lets get started shall we?

[hide=Young Sticky Yicky]
[/hide]
[hide=Early Days as a Drug Dealer/Extortionist]

[/hide]
[hide=The first of many undead hordes]
I would make these types of encounters and leave them all over the server for players, often leaving potions/groat in containers dropped by DMs or on the bodies of the undead themselves. It took AGES to make them and was quite expensive, but I had fun doing it and really made me feel like a necromancer.

[/hide]
[hide=The first of many permadeath rituals. Whats going on here?]

[/hide]
[hide=Undead horde no.2]

[/hide]
[hide=Yic posing with some real thugs]
[/hide]
[hide=Dodgy dealings trying to cause some chaos]
[/hide]

[hide=The Necromancer's New Clothes]

[/hide]
[hide=Blacksmile's Legion no.3]

[/hide]
[hide=Dark Rituals]
This ritual was where I actually stitched Eumir's soul together with that of a Yaun-Ti's which was pretty metal. During this event, I would actually perform a true miracle and raise him back from the dead with powerful /healing/ magic.

Some spirits didn't take kindly to abusing her second scale eggs...
[/hide]
[hide=Necromancy 101 classes]
As a Pale Master one of my major goals was to promote a sense of learning for players, like they were actually learning dark arts. I even got the chance to run an event where everyone got to duke it out and learn how to make some powerful reagents for necromancy. It was really fun.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/797708069328125962/848742861129121832/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/797708069328125962/848743038503223296/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/797708069328125962/848743163039580171/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/797708069328125962/849051490554740757/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/797708069328125962/849394650270924840/unknown.png
[/hide]
[hide=Becoming a real blacktongue]
After the events of 94 Yictanaghz took advantage of the mass death to literally consume hundreds of souls of the recently deceased to further his own powers. There was a chance it all could have ended here, yet somehow... He survived yet again.

[/hide]

[hide=Marching on Khoral'duun after the ash had settled.]

[/hide]
[hide=Creating the allies and winning battles for the Countsmen]

[/hide]
[hide=People chilling on the floor in my guild, where they belong]

Though sometimes people on the floor got back up as monsters, which I would release on the world. Such as dear Reginald here...

[/hide]
[hide=Undead Boneforce no.4]

[/hide]
[hide=Performing a 'Wizard Burial']

I literally walked off with her corpse into the crypts and made this very angry spirit. Thank you unobservant or apathetic onlookers, it was the first and last time I'd ever mess around with Banshees again.

[/hide]
[hide=Burying a merchant in the shadow of commerces grave. Also undead horde no.5]

[/hide]

[hide=Anti-Druid Litter Squad no.6]

[/hide]
[hide=Our protagonist visits T'Chun's prison for a beech episode special]

[/hide]

[hide=Blacksmile's Return!]

After months of working towards this goal, I finally was able to put together ten powerful soul gems, four ritualists and seventy thousand gold to resurrect my master. Wake up Blacksmile, you've got a job to do!

Something that probably wasn't public knowledge is that I actually spent around 2-3 hours prior to the event setting up undead in the waterways to slow down anticipated attacking pcs. I hope you had fun fighting those!

[/hide]
[hide=I now pronounce you husband and wife!]
I got the chance to turn Lissandra undead and I couldn't have been happier to make another messed up abomination!

[/hide]

I know you're after them. The loot shots. Well don't worry, I got you covered:

[hide=The Pile]
My Captain's Compass which let me open seams and escape planes. (I used this a lot in DM events to nope out of places in the planes)

My planar ring which my left hand found one day!

My funeral suit, which I fought for in the arena because I wanted to look good when I died. (Also 60 second arena battle is a record for me!)

My staff! A gift from the balor lord Xuggoth!

My special pale master book which GREATLY empowered undead. I'll leave out specifically /what/ it did but it was a massive help whenever I was walking around with animations.

My left hand is redacted but you can oogle its name!

My shovel that I got for surviving a permadeath event where we were trapped in a sibilant complex, fighting medusas with DC 18 petrification gazes and minotaurs. So many minotaurs.
It was actually a +1 illusion theme, not spirits, as I had spirits already and it was changed later by the DM to be the +1 theme. It was for a /VERY/ short time, the withered maggot theme but that was just too powerful to be in player hands. It also could summon me a kobold corpse 1/day! (I used them in my kobold vs kobold zombie fight club)

Myrdain before I fixed him.

Myrdain after I fixed him.

My Ghost Needle. This item let me sew spirits and interact with ghosts, which I used to great and terrible effect during DM encounters. I'm so sorry to the many people who I prodded with this thing.

My other ring, which I got for defeating a lesser ogre necromancer. I actually had two of these because my faithful companion Duckwall gave me his as well.

I apped for this book, to give to my favoured student pc. Sadly when I actually apped for this book and was given this, the PC left the server so it sort of became the defacto 'sleeves' of the Bonecollectors to represent who was my second in command. This book was IC written and made by Yic, which I acted on when teaching PCs.

[/hide]

See you on the next one EFU, go forth and be awesome!

[hide=?][/hide]
[hide=??][/hide]
[hide=???][/hide]

Vlaid

Giving up level 5 spells for PM, what a chad

Scraglad more like Madlad

Good job

cmenden

The former Royal Court Wizard finally meets his end, oh no...

He will be missed!

Cat

You helped shape my experience of being an undead monster to be some of the most fun times I had on efu. Always a pleasure to play with you, Lann.

Wench

Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Diabl0658

A role model for evil wizards everywhere, I am sad I got to interact with you so little across all my wizard PCs

LoveLess

Sadly I didn't get to know Yic that much over his life and I am sad that it's just through second-hand, then an obituary. Really enjoyed his early days and then dealing with the shenanigans he created as a necromancer. "That mad wizard in the tower" vibes, and how he came down to collect what he needs, then went back to his studies.

Great shit man.

Slithy Tove

You still owe me 5,000 groat  >:(

Seriously though. Applause for a -real- villain and a real necromancer, and for achieving one of the few player-driven acts of consequence this chapter, finally waking up Blacksmile where everyone previously had failed. Congrats!

I'm sad to see him go as I knew he had even more in him, this year was better with him in it and I enjoyed our interactions, few and far between as they were. Still, no one can say he didn't live long enough or had a great run already.

Well done, I look forward to seeing what comes next.

I am Mattermead Gold

Very impressive stuff. The size of those undead hordes, the commitment to preparations for the mini-events you created,  the successful rituals, progressing the major plot element of Blacksmile, and what looks like the great journey you've had over your time playing the character - all of it!

Glomping Bandit

Very impressive obituary and a character that is just as impressive, if not more so =)

Walrus Warwagon

Never knew him much as a necromancer, but I will forever remember him as a translator from Aboleth, wizard with a compass, and a businessman.

Dredi

He somehow exceeded everyones expectations and survived longer than I think even Lannister expected.

Well done!

VanillaPudding

the_account

Great job. I sadly have no screen shots of Yict. But I enjoyed him very much. There were a lot of RP for us to explore that I regret not having the circumstance overlap to meet for - alas. Next time around. =)

SamB123

It was interesting watching Yic go from Scraglad to Necromancer Leader (not actual leader, I know; but bringing back Blacksmile makes you a PC leader, to me). Yic was interesting in every angle of his growth, and I greatly enjoyed seeing it, even if I couldn't interact with you as much as I'd have liked (IRL and such).

Looking forward to your next one!