The Skratti

Started by Vlaid, August 31, 2021, 12:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlaid

The Skratti

Overview

Hello this is me offering this as a potential background to anyone who is interested. The Skratti are loosely based on Norse mythos revolving around a pantheon of deity-like powers that are all wolves and deal with some aspect of their lives, originating from outside the City but even that is murky. The general themes of the background involved fatalism, winter, wolves and a strong sense of spirituality. Right now it has for the most part been only me and the other original PC I made this with ages ago who was a drunk barbarian. I would not think of this as a faction where you need to be aligned or follow in my footsteps but happy to help others concept a PC for this if they would like to use it for a basis for a PC. I prefer not to fully disclose all the lore openly on the forums though.

Pantheon of the Skratti

Gnipir: The current leader of the Skratti pack of wolf-gods, guards the hearth where all Skratti hope to be called to in death to enjoy their deserved rest in the realm of the here-after. Enjoys hearing tales of mortals both villainous and  heroic, a patron of warriors, bards and skalds.
Hroth: The wolf of cruelty and necessary evils. He is followed by the craven and practitioners of darker forbidden arts. He lives in perpetual torment for his failure in ritual challenges against Gnipir and forever schemes and plots though to what unend is unknown.
Valgeri: A wolf of disproportionately large size, venerated by shield bearers and his name is invoked when thinking about or looking upon impossible to overcome barriers or obstacles. It is said that his enormous body lays before a tunnel leading to Gnipir's hearth, barring all but the most worthy from entrance.

Alignment Recommendations: No LG or CE
Races: Human, some other exceptions might work
Class: Any; Paladin the hardest sell
Special: I would not expect much in the way of a faction dynamic from this, such could arise with time and the right players but I would come into it using this as a background and theme for a PC and not as a player faction .

Vlaid

Bumping this because I updated it a bunch and with some of the pantheon lore