The Waif of the Waves ~ Francesca Paisley

Started by Runic, February 12, 2022, 01:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runic

"If you're finding this missive, it means the Waters have welcomed me home. Do not cry for me poppets ~ Gran will always be with you, within the Waters ~"

There isn't much to say about my time as Francesca, because it was quite a short time. Having just come off playing as a really depressed Nothing cultist with 8 Charisma, I wanted a change, and so decided to play a granny, since Rowena and Celestina had recently perished.

There was a lot to her character that she never got to fully divulge to many people. The reason she called most folks poppet is because she saw them as her children, having lost a child to stillbirth, a memory that she rarely shared. In her old life as a Ticker Square entertainer, she'd lain with many Lords of the Ward during feasts and festivals, remembering a specific time involving three other women, Lord Norbert Velstra, and a cousin of Lord Flevas called either Ronald or Donald, she doesn't remember which.

The Waters that Weep: her 'diety'. The canals and druthers, the Drips and Ponds. Any home of water were a home for the Waters that Weep, because they are what the title suggests. Tears. And inside each tear memories; happy, sad, anger, frustration. All tears eventually find their way to the water, and within the water the memories of billions upon billions reside. It's why she didn't care for the dirty state of the waters she often found herself in, because even the dirtiest water contains the memories of the departed.

The reason she dripped was due to her trials of the deep. Forty years she spent in the wet underbelly of the Rings, performing rituals to awaken the waters. The Waters spoke through her, and as a side effect, she became part of them, hence why she was always wet.

She was kind and caring, and wanting to see the best in people.  Please know that her death was swift, but that I will not spoil it until those responsible claim their part in it.

A snoop until the end ~ Hmm hmm

"Goodbye poppets, look for me in the waters. Lots of love, Gran."

[Like I said, my time with her was short, so I didn't managed to grab any really good screenshots. If you have any and you wish to share them, put them down below, if not, know that Gran will always be there to watch over you.]

Don Nadie

OH NO! T_T

(Inmediate reaction aside... Lovely PC. I always enjoy local grannies, and she was the first to buy a relic from Isaiah :'( )

Juglar

I was away when this happened, so to come back and find this out. MAN! IT HURT!
As always you're a terrific player and  enjoy your characters a lot. <3

DirtyGoblin

Oof...Sergei has been wondering where she's been. Sadly, since he doesn't know what happenned... He just assumed her kindness was too good to be true, and she up and vanished Q_Q

Ramc

It's pretty impressive a PC active for only a few weeks is going to leave a gaping hole in those who knew her.

White_Ice

Made my skin crawl but still a great PC and I'm sad I won't be able to continue to watch from outside the splash zone.

DirtyGoblin