Ashan Vyre

Started by Dhund, March 27, 2022, 02:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhund

Well. Ashan Vyre was a fun run, and probably my shortest character, though that was only to be expected, with how I was throwing him into dangerous events.

Ashan was a monster hunter. A peasant from the steadings, living on the borders of the Mongrelwoods, he grew up with a healthy respect, and hatred of the place. From his brother being sacrificed to the grove in the woods for being born deformed, to having to deal with constant mongrel raids and strikes on their land, until his family home and family were destroyed by a raid of monsters, he ended up with a deep, intense hatred of monsters in general, and mongrels specifically. His ultimate goal was the genocide of all mongrels, drag the Hidden One out of the shadows and burning it, thinking that would free the Ward of the mongrel deformities in the future.

He was willing to work with anyone that would help him with these goals, which is what led him to Orza.

A devout Yemanite, focused on Light being a gift and sign of civilization, Ashan was fond of anyone that followed a faith preaching the Light, or embracing the sun. He'd often speak of the Light of the Ward, and the like.

Ashan had big plans. He tried to make as many allies and contacts that he could, in order to rally them against the Mongrel Horde threat, with a goal of settling the mongrelwoods once the mongrels were wiped out.

Obviously these all got cut short when he was captured. Which was inevitable, or an outright FD, as anytime a mongrel event happened, he pushed his way to the front lines to hold against the beasts. Which wasn't always a good idea, as the PC was, at his highest level, level 7. And since he would take a death on the invasions, and respawn, he wasn't always back up to that full strength before the next one. At the time of his final death, Ashan was back down to level 4. But IC, he had to try. He simply couldn't sit out an attempt to strike at the Mongrels.

Stuff after he was captured is of course, FOIG, but he made the choices he thought would lead to his goals, and died before fulfilling them.

Thanks for everyone that helped interact with Ashan, and I hoped he brought some fun and flavour into the scene
<@Mort> Dhund is on the money, imo

Lalena Steele

I really enjoyed Ashan as a character. He will be missed.

Cat

It was great to have you in Orza. :)

Don Nadie

xXCrystal_Rose

He was a lot of fun! Great to have another person to hang out with that shared imperialistic views of civilization, brief as it was.

Scitus

An absolutely cool character I was looking forward to working with against the mongrels, and whose transformation galvanized Daphne to take the fight to them. and ultimately to also kill him (I'm so sorry Fd was still on)

Juglar

A great character. will be missed.

Amon-Si