Regarding the Character Lassiel Silivetheniel

Started by -UnholyWon-, September 19, 2022, 04:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-UnholyWon-

Hello everyone,

Considering the recent increase in conflict, and also the IC use of certain aspects of character. I feel I need to clarify something.

There are less then a handful of characters that know the characters real name. The majority of these characters hardly, if ever, use her real name in public, and most of them know her commonly known as Little Leaf, and maybe as Fiona among some of the Peerage Ward.

As for as her alliances, FOIG
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

Random_White_Guy

The difficulty of using fake names, pseudonyms, disguises, and more is they're difficult to enforce and even more difficult to weed out.

There's been PCs who have never said their overhead name in game before who are fettered out one way or another, or someone claims it's on their Doorkeeper Bronze Ear, or a litany of otherwise.

Sadly just part of the game, best not get too hung up on such a thing.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Vlaid

Completely understandable to want people to respect the name you given them rather than the one over your head, I am doing something similar right now but I also would not get terribly upset if people used my actual name and it got spilled into the public lexicon. At least my personal stance is if you want to hide your "True name", simply don't make it the one over your head so people don't have to remember your true vs fake name and risk metagaming on accident and ruining it for you. At least if it's that important to you that's what I'd do in the future.

Electrohydra

I don't think it's fair to expect others to memorize your secret name, especially when it doesn't really matter. The name floating on top of your head is there as a memory aid - you should put what your character is usually called there.

I don't really think the burden should be on others, especially when it's really not relevant like it is for 99% of PCs with fake names.

Runic

I get it. I have the same problem, although Boots has told no-one his real name. I just put something in my bio to remind people and always introduce myself as Boots. If people call him by Linden, he just asks 'Who is that?' or blames it on a changeling using his face. Sometimes these things happen but I get it, it'd be nice if there were ways to add a 'secondary name' above your head as like a known by name.

putrid_plum

Just put the name you want to be called as the name of your PC, it's like disguises... you can't hold players accountable really.

-UnholyWon-

Thank you everyone for the feedback, and I am always open to discourse regarding any and all subjects. I have personally been experiencing some minor, I use minor loosely, metagaming towards my character(s) which has led to some unfortunate interactions or IG experiences. These are just personal interactions, and I have already discussed DM(s), and I am preferring to just live with what is don is done as it were as the DM(s) have been very supportive and constructive in their feedback.

I only mention this because for me personally, if I do not take a note regarding characters names, plans, desires in my journal, and I forget it out of game I make it so that my character has also forgotten. I would do the same in table top games, and most table top DMs would expect such from their players. Granted in tabletop at least one player has taken down some notes. There is a plethora of arguments, and I write this with an open mind seeing those possible arguments against my personal experiences.

I try very hard to keep in my mind about my actually knows, and some players know I have reached out to others to make sure I am not metagaming something about their characters. I cant expect players to know false or real names, but know I will try my best to do the same for other players.

Cheers!
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

Gordan

Is always good remember the name a char prsent himself like, of course there are errors i first some times call with second names people who just told me the first names or the contrary... that is why i like nick-names.