War, War never changes

Started by Random_White_Guy, September 28, 2022, 11:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Clan of the Hewnpeak Pass

[hide=Flavor Text, Edict upon Coronation] You stand on the ashes of eternity. For millennia have our hands carved these stones.
Long since my Greatest Grandfather and his kin took to Hew the peak from this Mountain, burrowing from the top downward not because it be easier, not because it be profitable, but because there dwelled The Giant.
The Jarl Jotunsbane wrapped chain around its neck and with laughing howl pulled it down to the craggy abyss below with him. 
While there are those who hunker behind wall and gate, deep in their mountain Hold, our Summit Fort gazes outwards, downwards, seeing plain the threat before us.

The Goblins in their incessant shrieking, greenfleshed Locusts ripping through the land stealing whatever edible may be found. We butcher them.
The Giants upon the Hills throwing their mighty boulders for laughs, uncaring whom or how many suffer from their hubris. We lay them low.
The Aberrant, twisted and profane, twisting mind and flesh and all that be decent in this Gods gifted realm.  We burn them out.
The Orc... The Planar filth strewn across the cosmos, adaptable to every terrain, feasting on anything, resistant to anything -
Save a well sharpened Dwarven Axe, and a firm Phalanx.

The Manlings play for their Banners and Thrones, divided of purpose and faith and cause.
The Elfthings their beauty and art, above the dirtying their hands with true work.
The Scrubfoots their weed and travel and games, lethargic and perfidious.
The Pinchnose their tonics and tinctures and tinkerings, addled.

Our foes are innumerable, by many deemed pests beyond extermination.
Yet they said Mountains were unclimable.
Yet they said Mithril and Adamantine impossible.
Yet they said it's a War that cannot be won.

We?
We who climbed the Mountains,
We who bent the metals of the world?
Why would we let a little thing like long odds stop us?
Why do you think the Humans call us Dwarves?
ITS IN OUR BLOODY NAME.

WE WAR

Damn the odds, damn the numbers, we -WAR-!

We shall spend every moment from the time this Crown touches my brow, to my Last breath, knowing nothing else. As Render and Tender, Axe and Anvil, carve us a future.

So this I swear.

From the Coronation of Rautshaeyn the Rugged,
King under Hewnpeak Pass
[/hide]

The Dwarven Clan of the Hewnpeak Pass had spent generation on its laurels after the triumphant toppling of a famed Frost Giant in its mountain home, by the fabled Jarl named only Jotunsbane in history. Their great commerce from their mines, their trades, and their crafts amassing them a profitable fortune.

A singular problem though faced - Constant siege from the Four Foes of Dwarf Kind  (Of which NWN kindly offers direct bonuses to)

Orcs
Giantkin
Goblinoidss
Abberants

With all four widely and routinely existing in EFU, a number of them involved in Quests (Some taken often, some taken less often), a Two-Pronged factional approach is being undertaken akin to the old Transcendant Conclave in division of dutie sand labors. They were famously the Shades and the Flames, handling all manner of plots, mischief, and more.

Adopting this to the current setting The Tenders (Anvil) and the Renders (Axes), both with specific duties to day to day affairs in the City of Rings.

With the many Dwarven Foes on march, including the horrific realm of Gnasharim similar to a Ragnarok-esque apocalypse, the plans are many and there won't be many a dull moment.

The Tenders: Handling of all the peace time matters of the Dwarven Peoples - ranging from Art and Commerce a custom Faith based on the Nine Faced God and more, are lead by the pious and spiritual guide, Hearthsage Ingthiel Emberfrey
The Renders: Handling of all the War-time matters of the Dwarven Peoples, the Campaign against the Four Armies of Dwarven Foes, matters Martial and more, lead by crown prince Haukraeyn the Tuskslusher, Sworn Paladin of Hewnpeak Pass

Alignment: Non Evil, Chaotic may face some tension but are not outright forbidden.
Race: Dwarf
Class: Any, druids as well permitted, (So long as they incline towards more earthen thematics, Underweald style cave creatures, Mountain creatures, etc), Dwarven Rune Casters, Bards, Sappers, and more would all fit well.
Faith: Any, though there will be a heavy push towards our heretical spin on the Nine Faced over time in terms of goals/agenda.

The overarching idea is a more Militarized, Unrelenting, Campaign style RP.

I've been joking of them as Krogans, so if you're looking for a frame of Reference feel free to pull on that idea.

IG Details: IG Details

Feel free to reach out to myself or Blue41 for more information
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips