Kypros and the Amazing Technicolour Starcloak

Started by Thaldrac, March 27, 2023, 09:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaldrac

Kypros was styled as a leper, an afflicted man and a pariah. He travelled through the ash storms as a refugee with the leper colony he belonged to. They all succumbed to the storm, but he survived, and was nursed back to a semblance of health by other refugees and those downtrodden.

A talk with Shisa.

[hide]Outside the Well, overlooking the Tablet, Shisa Derakhshani and Kypros talked of politics and of the White League. Shisa proposed Kypros as the face of it and perhaps the Legate, one day. All night, until the sun came up once more.

[/hide]

A vision of the Chalice.

[hide]After being beaten down by a bandit in an underground oasis, Kypros was visited by a vision in the form of...a white pudding. It spoke of how long it had lived there, disturbed from it's slumber by the violence. It named the chalice as the Dakhwar, and said it had been around since long before the Kinslaying Wars. He took this news to his companions  -Leiah, Amulius, Kythaela -  and then to the Balladeers.

[/hide]

The Hunt for Diakos

[hide]With word out that there was a bounty of a Voice for Diakos, the search began. Ranging to Qadira-on-Sea and almost to the very edge of the Ash Desert, they came upon him and returned him "safely" to the Well. Kypros always had his suspicions, however, and voiced them openly for all to hear, resulting in the loss of his White pin - a loss which would provoke his turn.

[/hide]

The Fall

[hide]Travelling the Creep, Kypros was accosted by a stranger, who talked at length about the Wyrm. Kypros saw this as a way to redeem the Well, to render it pure again and free from the taint of all that would corrupt it, led astray by the mentions of all who were at fault, and so he took it. Introduced to Itaja, he whispered to the Wyrm and it whispered back.

[/hide]

The Sabotage of the Shade

[hide]Grasping his moment, at the start of the largest ash storm the Well had seen in a long time, he laid into one of the pylons powering the Shade. Cracking it, he fled to watch the chaos unfold.

[/hide]

The Assembly

[hide]Forced to reveal his face at last, those in attendance saw Kypros' skull-like visage, and knew now why he hid it. Brought up to the stand under accusations of breaching the Shade, he needed only stand there as accusations flew from all corners to all comers.

[/hide]

The Capture

[hide]In distaste at having been again given relation to the League of White, Kypros made a radical decision in dyeing his armour the blackest of night - the opposite of what they stood for.  After a confrontation with Jabir, his old companion and friend, he fled into the Gutters, where the other paladin followed him and laid him low. There, Kypros spoke of the Wyrm and the good it could bring, before being dragged off to the Janissaries for interrogation. There, he led them a merry dance, relying on his reputation as a once-paladin to keep him safe. And it did, up until the last moment where he revealed his cards.

[/hide]

The Death

[hide]Rescued by dark magic, Kypros threw his lot in with Itaja and the Bashmu-kar once more, entering the Pyramid under the cloak of invisibility, and corrupting the Stele of Law. His suspicions had been right all along to Diakos' allegiances. There, he was laid low in service to a higher, darker power, and drowned in the Well - a fitting end, mask concealing his face to the final moment.

42 days is all it took.[/hide]

The Loot

[hide]One very nice mask that I ended up basing a lot of Kypros' attitude around!

[/hide]

The Assorted Miscellany

[hide]Screenshots that don't fit in any of the other headings!

[/hide]

A thanks to everyone who was involved with the Problem Child of the Well. Especially to Jabir, Leiah, Arterian, Snorri, Koukol and the usual travelling companions who happily let Kypros rave wildly, and to those most commonly on the end of his ire - Aubrey, Brudron, and anyone who ever pinged Evil. Also generally to anyone who took the time to interact with him and have their views of the White shaped by his absolutely frothing fervour - thanks to you all!
(and to the DMs, for putting up with it/encouraging it! - thank you especially!)

And lastly, a massive shoutout to Kitten Tsu, who drew the frankly amazing art below!

[hide]
[/hide]

[hide]
[/hide]

Don Nadie

Amazing turn and twist for a really cool character. It was a pleasure! I was 100% fooled as to his intentions, myself :D

Random_White_Guy

Kypros had such a profoundly hilarious influence on things for my PC which was great to see develop IG. The early anti-white rhetoric raised some flags, and then having him + Arterian both blow up in the span of 1-2 Days was enough to be like "Shit, nope, let's see what the Gold League offers".

The iconic scene screaming in the street before the crowds, calling them all White-Golds, shouting down all comers.

A+ energy.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

AsheandCinders

Kypros was by far the best member of the White League in the city.

Sure he fell to the Wyrm and tried to kill us all, but nobody's perfect right?

An amazing and rich character who rode his high horse to the bitter end. An Absolute pleasure to have been a part of his story, even tangentally.

Empress of Neon

Loved him. You could see the kraks of a fallen paladin impending, but the transition was so beautifully subtle/well-done that you just couldn't quite place if he'd grown silent... or succumbed to something  worse.

A+

P.S OMG DAT FACE!!!

Gordan

Moonlighter

Runic

Disorder

Very well done and the ending was spectacular

parthenos

you ended up at chaotic evil as a paladin? hahah, that's crazy

Ironside

Vlaid

Damn I never would have guessed he was a paladin (creepy guy in rags doesn't scream paladin, awesome twist), wish I had interacted with this PC more, looks badass

Warsor

This was the most perfect fall for a paladin I can imagine. It felt real and made sense every step of the way and Jabir knew him the whole time so I really got to see a lot under the hood. Even up until the last day Jabir wanted to keep trying to save him, to give him a chance to turn back from the evil and regret...but Kypros refused and so they clashed. Jabir will never forget.