Short Story Competition

Started by AllMYBudgies, March 04, 2014, 11:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllMYBudgies

Hello players :)

Story contests are something I have often enjoyed as a player, and are something I would like to encourage as a DM.

Like most of you, I am a big fan of fiction, both writing and reading! I am posting this competition in the spirit of creativity, acknowledging the fact that I believe we have some incredibly talented individuals here at EFU.

The competition is free of a theme, let your imaginations run wild, the only stiuplations I have are as follows:
  • The story must be (around) 1500 words. You will not be penalized for going a little over, or a little under this amount.
  • Your story must involve an event in your current character's history.
  • Your story must be posted in your personal character notes, and also you must send me a PM to acknowledge your entry.
  • You must include one image to illustrate your piece, something that is in theme that you believe is fitting. Nothing explicit, thanks!
The closing date for this competition is Monday the 10th of March. There will be one winner that I will choose, who will receive an undisclosed reward in game! Two runners up will also receive prizes of a slightly lower quality.

Happy writing, EFU :)

AllMYBudgies

Thanks to everyone that has sent me in a story so far. Wow, honestly they are all of such a high quality :)

I'm extending the deadline until Wednesday morning, GMT (12th of March) for those of you that still need a little time to finish them off.

Thanks again everyone. Happy writing!

AllMYBudgies

Thank you for all of the entries. The competition is now closed. Results  announced later this week :)

AllMYBudgies

Thank you again to everyone that entered, and thanks for your patience in awaiting the results!

Commiserations to those that entered who lost PC's to death shortly after entering, your stories were excellent and I appreciate the effort you put into them especially :)

In this instance I have had such a hard time picking the winner, every entry was superbly different to each other with great qualities that really inspired - Some of the images you came up with, too, were amazing with lots of effort and thought put into them.

I just couldn't choose a winner, and have decided that everyone that entered will gain an exp reward and a custom made piece of loot for their PC. Unfortunately, this will only be given to the PC that you had active at the time of creation and as such it will not be given to new PCs you may now be playing.

Hit me up with a message detailing a general idea of the piece of loot you would favour, and I will get back to you :)

Thanks to Veiled Mist, Wellrespectedman, Petey512, Equinox, Ashes of Athas, Tinfoil Hat, Lannister, Yalta, Scrappayeti, gravekeeper, Lira, Spiffy Has, Frenzied, Farmgirl, Dribbs & Drabbs, Mia and Ryan for your entries.