Trident size

Started by scrappayeti, July 03, 2014, 04:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrappayeti

I dont know if this is a bug or a deliberate change, or indeed a change forced by the changing of the weapon from two handed to one, but Tridents are now a medium sized weapon.

They are still listed on the item as large size.

If this is fixable, I think it would be nifty if they were still classed as large, makes them slightly less awful in a subtle way.

Howlando

Well, players asked us to make it one handed (medium). We did. I suppose now that we have one handed spears we could revert it back. I don't really care one way or another myself!

scrappayeti

They way you speak I guess that all two handers are large and one handers medium. This makes sense, but I didnt know it. Because it was one handed, but had "large" written on the item still, I thought it was a large one handed weapon. Even though the weapon is still awful mechanically, it would make it slightly more useful for disarm, since it would have been a functional one handed large disarming weapon, making it unique for a specific job. Not so! I should have researched more before I invested so much!

HalflingPower

I thought they were changed to small, as halflings and other small races can wield them with one hand.

Knight Of Pentacles

xXCrystal_Rose

You can still use a trident two handed as long as you do not equip a shield. It will provide two handed weapon fighting benefits. The str damage part at least- not sure if when used two handed it counts as a large weapon for the purpose of disarm and a medium weapon when used one handed.

At least that's how it was last time I used a trident. Was a while ago so may have changed since.

Paha

If folks want it to be returned to purely 2hander, I can change it.

Kotenku

What, are you asking players to weigh in on how much they favor this suggestion?

You'd just gotten us trained not to, Paha, come on!

I'm in favor of whichever change would come closer to making Tridents actually worth using, seeing as they are a weaker version of the spear and requires a separate higher-tier feat.

Paha

This is simply about what folks want. With shortspear in play, I can change trident back to 2hander. It does not weight much on me, so yes, it depends on players.

Dredi

Personal preference - Trident requires Martial training, Spear does not.
As such I dont think its unreasonable to give trident 1 handed ability for the higher feat requirement