[Retired] Ceindeg of Clan Redshield

Started by The Samophlange, October 17, 2014, 11:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Samophlange

I'm not usually one to delve into personal matters, at least not in this sort of a community. But, given the circumstances around the character I feel I should offer an explanation as to why I am retiring my character.

As I have told some people, to explain my frequent and at times unfortunate AFKS, I live with a family member who has rather severe COPD whom I help with day to day business. Recently, another member of my family has moved in with us, one who has similar physical limitations due to a prior car accident. As such, much of the physical work around the house has to be done by me, which I do not mind. Until quite recently it did not impact my ability to play EFU. But, with school having resumed, the new member of my household and my schoolwork together have made it so that I do not have as much time for myself. As a result, what free time I do have I have not had the enthusiasm or energy to devote to EFU.

Unfortunately, this situation is not likely to change very soon. I considered trying to log on when I can muster the spirit to do so, but I feel that this ultimately does a disservice to the character concept and the people I was attempting to involve in it. With no clear view on when my home situation might change, barring the summer months when my classes are finished, I feel it is best to put Ceindeg aside. I love the concept, and it deserves the best I can offer, not the bare minimum.

As she was not a very old character, I only have a few screenshots:

My earliest picture of her, still in her safety cloak.

Ceindeg had many vows, but the one most called into question was her vow against the forces of undeath. Here she is as something silly like level 5 trying to punch a Resolute Brethren.

And a shot of her less ridiculous outfit, while fighting valiantly among friends.

I am quite sad to see her go, as I loved playing this character both mechanically and in roleplay. I apologize to everyone that she was involved with, character or staff. Perhaps I will try to revisit her when things slow down and I am able to properly devote the time and energy into her story once more.

Stay classy, Efu, and I'll see you when I see you!

MaimedGod

This is really too bad, I liked her.

The Old Hack

Ceindeg was wonderful -- but of course RL and family come first. What you are doing is important. But peek in from time to time if you are able and feel like it, we will always be glad to see you :)

The Holy Goat

Quote from: The Old Hack;411040Ceindeg was wonderful -- but of course RL and family come first. What you are doing is important. But peek in from time to time if you are able and feel like it, we will always be glad to see you :)

Ditto.

Great character. I hope you decide to pull her out of retirement when the time best suits you.

Moonlighter

RIP brave safety monk