7 days to die

Started by Pentaxius, April 20, 2015, 11:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentaxius

Hello folks,

In my sparse spare time, I play 7 days to die with my girlfriend and we're having an absolute blast.

It's a sandbox, voxel-based zombie apocalypse. The goal is to survive while scavenging in the day, and build a base to survive the hordes that will come for you at night. The crafting system is fairly elaborate and interesting - and the freedom to "impact the environment" is in my view unparalleled for this type of games. It's way above the likes of DayZ or Rust. You can craft weapons with different grade of quality, craft walls of many different types (from shabby wood to reinforced concrete) craft traps (spikes, mines, explosive, etc) - all with one single goal, live as long as possible!

Note that the game is currently in "Alpha" - however, given the numbers of features available and the relative stability of the platform, it feels more like an euphemism from the developers who seem eager to impress with understatements.

If you want to try it out hit me up with a PM, we set up our own private server.

Cheers

Penta

Saturnalia

It looks a bit like minecraft meets dayZ. Not a bad thing, but do I have to punch a tree?