New Weapons for EFU:A

Started by Wern8, August 07, 2009, 10:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wern8

It is definitely not of high importance or priority, but is it at all possible to add new weapons to the server without the use of Hak files? I think it would add quite a lot if new weapons are added. For example: mauls, one-handed spears, javelins (that actually can be thrown), falchions, etc and basically any weapon that makes sense for the setting and is easy to implement.

Note: These weapons should not have their own weapon type though or they will end up like the trident and lance. A maul should perhaps use the halberd as its weapon type and so on. (Assuming this suggestion is feasible.)

Mannykins

I don't know anything about it myself, but I would love to see one handed spears and Mauls, or just two handed hammers. It'd make my day.

FleetingHeart

BrittanyPanthas

If I recall right, most of these new weapons don't have focus or specialization working for them either, but that may have changed since then.

Daemonic Daz

morva

The Crimson Magician

I've seen one-handed spears without a hak before..

ExileStrife

Adding ~new~ weapons is impossible without a hak.  It's possible to change and add new weapon statistics though, such as one-handed spears or finesse-able longswords.  Dunno if this will be a priority or not.

FleetingHeart

I would love to see quarterstaves made into double weapons, however >.>

The Crimson Magician

Does this mean two-handed warhammers? =D

BoomdaddyBP

Fleeting Heart, there have been quarterstaves in-game before. Just gotta find a couple and there you go.

Drakill Tannan

I'd love a finessable katana. But maybe 1d10 damage is too much, 1d8 would be fine. And a dual quarterstaff too.

Fliggin McButton

I've talked about finesse-able katanas before. It was quite frowned upon.

derfo

Relinquish