[Caius Drayden] Warning: huge files ahead

Started by Udenbur, February 05, 2011, 04:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Udenbur

Caius Drayden was originally designed as a CG aligned schemer, with ye olde "The end justifies the means" attitude. From the start till the end, he's always served pro-Docks, something that wasn't always realized or appreciated. Massive thumbs up for the people who put up with spending near-well hundreds of hours behind doors with with me, scheming away. I still regret that very little of it came out public! Anyhow, through the course of various actions over some months time, he's unconsciously developed a inclination to the CE, which to him seemed to foster results so much easier.

To give you an impression of what he grew out to be, I decided to throw in this following log:

Nearing despair, Drayden agreed to help ressurect the Marquis of the Seven Terrors. If peace and unity can't be achieved through all the efforts he's put into smoothing out the edges with words, he may as well try it through sheer force of intimidation. Desperation playing its parts, Drayden hoped to be a General in the Marquis' his forces, being able to control and direct these forces at whim. It's sadly ironical that his own Caliphar was subjected to the summoning ritual of the Marquis in the first place, where she managed to escape, so that was just another sumthin'-sumthin' he chose not to tell her about.

---

Drayden knows no Seven Terrors, just One (Sup Vittoria DEVILIN?)

Change of plans! Busted Devlin talking about Drayden with our Conclave Caliphar Mediator. It turned into a couple-counseling session, where Drayden confessed that he felt he could not share everything with Devlin, realizing that she would not be able to handle the situation. It was clear to Drayden, the ordeal around the Marquis had gotten out of hand, alienating himself from even his Caliphar. It was *his* to fix, though!

Our counsel session seemed over. Drayden left the Prime Floors, aggravated by the way Devlin spoke & thought of him. Shit, Drayden, take a deep breath. Go in there and apologize. This has to be fixed. He went back and found his Caliphar speaking with the mediator. Could not believe what he heard! They spoke of extreme measures, should Devlin want to break her bloodbond with Drayden!

It Tore. Him. Up.

... It's time to make everything right.

---

Props to the Black Harpers for convincing Drayden that the standing Champion of Targus, Muhammed al-Fies (sp) was gunning for his Caliphar. His own faith and belief opposing everything that was Targus, but with timebound neccesity because of the threat, Drayden decided to make the ultimate move: To defeat the standing Champion of Targus and to break to cycle, for surely no man would ever dare challenge him. It was his way of becoming the most calculated, preserved Champion that Targus would ever see. Checkmate, friend!... Unfortunately, nothing ever works out the way you plan you, when you play chess with the Gods.

It all ended after a long PvP session. It came to a pause as sudden as it all started, with just Kreil Gotek v. Drayden left. Vittoria Devlin joined in and the both of them started to pressure Drayden into showing him that he had diverged from what he once stood for. Devlin kicking it up a notch, claiming that she would be killed if I would not stand down. Unfortunately, aforementioned God's Highpriest did not agree with Drayden's self-restraints and transformed him into a Celestial Avenger. WHAT WHAT?! Finally! The secret was out now, all would finally SEE that Drayden was more than a mortal being; supremacy could no longer be denied.

Split two-ways, the choice of having to decide between his ascension and his Zeulisad.

Meanwhile, Targus started to seep Drayden's life away to the point of neardead and Drayden came to his senses (read: *his* senses). The end justifies the means. Ultimate good sometimes lies in ultimate evil. If he was truly ascended, he could surely not be killed by a man as feeble as Kreil Gotek who's been groveling at Drayden's feet twice past already! Unfortunately, even freakin' weird tentacles are sharper than a madman's senses. Drayden came to an end...

Or did he? Au contraire!

"Weak", "defeated by a woman", "a coward",

"... and yet, there is no denying the chaos he has sown. You are welcomed amongst our ranks, to reap blood, death and chaos for all eternity. A statue will be raised in your name, so that all will remember their fear for you."

Special thanks to Alyssara for the endlude and to Talir for every step of the way.

Rimmeke, through better and worse, it was always great having you alongside of me. Thanks for the opportunity of being your trusty Consort! ... There's a whole wash list of people I wanted to add, but I think and hope that you know who you are.

Last of all, thanks to Crytalos for making this screenshot thread possible.

A lot of screenshots weren’t saved. In an attempt to save my endlude’s screenshots, I deleted a lot of random screenshots including some of the more spectacular ones. What remains here is  is a small selection of what I hoped to share with you.

He's a sweet guy ... But people quickly learnt where to put their Sending Tokens when RwG does this thing he does...

Good ol' Bartemis, BFF forever, partner in evil. Before he completely screwed Drayden over before Drayden had a chance to completely screw him over!

The Kobolds were a most welcome opportunity to drag Gretch back into the Library's basement, where communication was held in words and actions...

This ... thing spawned into my room. Blast! What does it mean?

Pretty self-explanatory. Drayden was every bit as overpowered as you imagined. ;)

"Right, eh, I'm looking for eh, something nice. DM loot or something. Where do I go?"

Anyone notice how Conclave confronters mysterious disappear? ... You didn't hear this from me! *shifty eyes*

For those that prefer text over pix, this one is for you. Enjoyed the whole plot advancement train, Talir!

Drayden lost his arm due to a little, flailing incident here... Least to say, target acquired and annihilated that day.

Drayden was a little too susceptible to 'advice', sometimes.... and never at the right moments. Who pisses off his demonlassy, when you're so close to having it all? That's when this happened.

... And this. Cacey was hit by a critical hit Vorpal DC14 attack here and died on the spot. It was a losing battle, until I found out his weak spot ... +3 weapon enchants!

Random Smash Development Project screenshot. Mark my words; once you go red, you hardly ever go back.

Most I have seen of this woman were her empowered combust invisibility ganks, but with no survivors to pass the tale around ... this is all I needed. (Thought bubble: The items I was looking for? Underlined them!)

Forgot to take a screenshot on the spot there, but picture on beefed up Drayden and one of Morv's Golems. I was -itching- for someone to strike at us!

Visuals, to make up for the text pix.

Rumpclaw doesn't take shit from anyone, least of all from things he's taken shit from...

Yeah... we actually defeated this thing... somehow. Mad fun.

Weird, I didn't see that one coming...!

Haha, now this one was brilliant. I deleted a mega awesome screenshot here, where the ape leaped into the Docks and snatched ma' woman up. It put Devlin in jungle rags, dyed her hair blond and forced it to marry her. Drayden snuck off with the bridegroom's treasury. ;)

High standards...?

This is what Drayden looks like, when he's lost his likin' for you.

Spiffy Has

Frankly, Caius was the best PC I've saw in a long time. Psalms hated you, and loved you, but he hated you slightly more.

Wildlings

"you are the hope of the Dock's Drayden... now act like it."  I think that is one of the many quotes from Elera.

Truly enjoyed the RP.. both loved and hated him.  Excellent job.

putrid_plum

Such a good time I had with Drayden when I played Andy. ;)

Lenthis

*Claps* Was awsome, The sessions to save his soul with anotropos.. were preety intense.

SanTelmo

"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

Blue41

Man, you already know. I considered Caius to be Vergil's biggest enemy as well as a rival he very reluctantly accepted, if only for his strength. We gave each other second, third, maybe even fourth chances numerous times just to keep the conflict going. Needless to say, I enjoyed my interactions with Caius immensely. Right up there with Rumpclaw in my book.

SilentSouth

Caius has been around for so long, i'm sorry to see him go. Such an epic PC that will leave an imprint on EFU.

Garem

Dude. Duuuude. Fantastic, and I'm glad to hear the rest of the story now.

Although I'm still not quite sure why our characters got along. But hey! That's EfU (and the Conclave).

Lumiere

From the Popular Approval Thread on the Conclave, I think this NPC summerized it the best
Quote from: Caliphar Terenthia- The elven Caliphar engrossed in the study of human relationship and mediation of such have been very public about the pair's many contributions to his work, describing them as the most fascinating bonded pair he ever had the pleasure of consoling.

I loved every moment together!

Porkolt

Hahaha, I remember that sending token thing, that was lol.

The Old Hack

Solace had a hard time making her mind up about Caius. Half the time she loved him, half the time she hated him, near the end of her life she decided he simply could not be trusted. Fantastic character to have about, he made things so much more intense.

Random_White_Guy

Bartemis + Caius = Bff <3
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Staring Death

I fondly remember the time Caius and Castiel were on the Dock's Frontier, drinking wine. Or when we ended up visiting Blackhearth Keep. Great character!

Equinox

Caius was a massive douche. But I still enjoyed our many differnet interactions over various pcs.