Some Distant Shore Return?

Started by granny, October 30, 2015, 11:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

granny

Some Distant Shore is an area that you can go by boat but cannot return without taking the quest.

I think that it would be reasonable to be able to pay to return the same way you were to get there. Even more if you are one of these exploration maniacs like me.

Damien

It states clearly in the NPC's description what happens when you take the ship.

No doubt Howl has set it up for a particular reason.

granny

Quote from: Damien;n647696It states clearly in the NPC's description what happens when you take the ship.

No doubt Howl has set it up for a particular reason.

It gives the option for you to go to Blue Mushroom as well and you have a way out of there.

Damien

That's got nothing to do with the quest area in question.

Howlando

The description states that it is intended that the NPC will only go to "The Distant Shore" once a reset. This is in order to prevent the awkwardness of a second party attempting the quest since the quest is not designed to be resetable.

The NPC should be fine with going back to Lollipop Island though... if that's not the case, that is a bug.

Howlando

granny

The boatman while standing on Loblobliiplop will offer the option of going to... Loblobliiplop.

I am not sure if he'll appear by the Distant Shore although, as I have not dared to test it again.

SilkHidingSteel

The Boatman still does not spawn when one goes to the island, leaving no method of departure if one fails the first phase.