Care for some tea?

Started by Random_White_Guy, August 29, 2020, 04:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Not gonna lie, this one really fucking hurts. The downside of trying to pursue heroics in EFU is you're inevitably faced with hard choices.

The story was a simple one. A commoner PC and then portraying the Trauma of the sorcerer's transformation. For the first five days of the PC I used no magic and didn't do much questing but fedexing to get supplies for starting my fishing, cooking, and tea making business.

After that a number of great PC driven fun times, player events events and more lead to my PCs fearful awakening of confusion and terror of what was happening to him ala the X-men, lead to my immediately being sent to a PC who people thought could "Help me harness my power" only turning into a lovecraftian tentacle horror and tchunite torture showshow, surviving it to return to the Bulwark and embracing his calling from the Ancestors-  To travel the rings, to travel the seams, and save the spirits of dwarves.  When a peanut gallery of PCs of the peerage began making jokes of enslaving a Dwarf bound by foul Feast magics, the impulsive and proper feeling thing to do was to nip it in the bud and challenge first, and a chance to save him in the name of the Ancestors.

Sadly due to EFU's conjuration business which I'm not the best versed with the fact that "/c hostile all" sends them into fits in big crowds and most of the fight spent trying to navigate EFU's hostilities rather than actually fighting lol, Haukhram the Tea Dwarf who I wanted be a long term ring running hero has met his tragic end.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my little shop for some chill RP and those involved in my various PC driven events of my PC's various stages of awakening, and even Elec for the flavorful introduction to the horrors of sorcery.

The Auld Forge Flame burns no more.

Screenshots
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Canadianloki

Taken from us to soon, it was fun the few small interactions we had. Was hoping to have great dorf adventures together finding out more about the ancestors. Thanks for all the tea

LiAlH4

Godspeed, tea-dwarf, I am sorry it ended that way.

Auri

Nooo! I loved this one. Too soon.

Hierophant

RIP Mister Haukhram, enjoyed all our interactions! Good luck on the next! Some screenies-

https://imgur.com/a/YrOLNQr

Jello!

Rest in peace Tea dwarf. You will be missed.

Jubek

And me who was looking forward to meet you in-game as soon as I hop back in. Ack!

"Give me your strongest tea, dwarf! Something to make a yemanite training a joke!"
...Like those mad black russian tea recipes with five tea bags and a lot of spices!

Nonetheless, thank you for your original and "humane" concept. Of course every adventurer and retainer wants to relax in a tea shop once in a while...! It adds variety and credibility to the city : You could go to the Open Door, the Spinning Groat OR the Tea Shop. Great idea!

Thanks again!

SunrypeSlim

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I was just about to make you a perfect henchman. Oh well.
PM me for an apology! :3

SamB123

Man, I was just saying to myself, "I should have my asshole wizard go order some tea tomorrow". RIP...

We don't get a lot of concepts on EFU that aren't megalomaniacs.

Kiaring

SamB said it best. Refreshing for sure and anyone could see the love that went into creating the concept.

Some times our best laid, high concept ideas are the ones that get cut short, while those characters we make on a whim end up going the distance.

Can't wait to see what's next from you ma boi
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

SN

Wyrmlance

Way too soon. I echo the statements by others! It was really nice RPing with you, Sigebert will be holding onto the last Blushwhorl he has.

GoD1x

Was saddening news when I heard he bit the dust. I had looked forward to many more tea times.

Gordan

The Uncle Iroh or Efu, a tragic end indeed :-(