Diabl0658's inane questions for the DMs

Started by Diabl0658, June 14, 2021, 05:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diabl0658

I am sneaking invisibly around a public area with blue name npcs and get noticed by another PC, but I am not looking to start any PvP. I drink a retreat and run out of there, they drink seeing/retreat and chase after me. This PC has previously expressed an intent to kill me or one of my known associates in the past.

I am not aware of any DM oversight, but for all I know the DM may have given the other player a go ahead to engage via PM (this has happened before).

At what point can I (as an example) use my Power Word Stun scroll to escape pursuit? Before they close the distance to melee? After they knock me down on the first hit (this is typically what happens to me)? Should I assume PvP has started when they begin chasing me or only when they roll to hit?

As a spellcaster the difference of a single round is often the difference between life and death, so its helpful to know ahead of time rather than being left to guess right in the moment.

Diabl0658

Some areas contain blue name NPCs, but these NPCs are typically inaccessible to the majority of the map due to being ontop of roofs or behind locked doors. There is a certain ring that I dont know if I should detail that comes to mind as I write this question.

Sometimes those NPCs through PC or NPC action (usually because of NPC infighting), will wander outside where they start. I have even seen them cross transitions in rare cases (Theo Winespill in the Kings Commons did happen a few weeks ago).

My question is:
If a normally non-blue name NPC area has a blue name NPC wander over and get stuck there, is DM oversight now needed for that area until next reset, or can that particular blue-name NPC be ignored?

Ramc

Normally I think if this is the case a sign clarifies it like in the Orza Camp in 92 or the Muckboy Squat. Otherwise, get a DM if blue names in area I assume.

Diabl0658

Consider this scenario:

PC 1 makes a sending at a doorkeeper, exits into a PVP free area (no blue NPCs around)

PC 2 is waiting just outside said doorkeeper with a casting of Slay Living prepared, and casts it on PC 1 once he comes outside. PC 1 makes their save, so PC 2 decides to "retreat" into the Doorkeeper.

There are no DMs online. PC 1 types "/c pvp" but gets no response.

Is PC 1 not allowed to retaliate while PC 2 hides with the blue name NPC inside the doorkeeper?

Dredi

If situations like that are arising, it should probably be brought to the DM's attention asap.

eru

Can 16 halflings fit into a quest for 8 people?