Cantor Agares Weyer [|] The Crippled Poet

Started by Paintman, August 29, 2021, 04:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paintman

Agares was a really fun character to play and sadly he will not be able to put out his next books about changelings and blackmagic as he suffered from the release of his tortured existence with the sweet unspooling of his mortal coil.  I had a great time making poetry for people. He was a really fun attempt to play a ambitious idea of the Tulpa.  Below was the basics of the character.

[hide=His backstory]But I would like to give you some background on Agares because it could seem very odd to the observer why a NE GSF Necromancy bard is not more evil and outwardly monstrous. Because his necromancy is not so much a matter of dedicated expertise but one morbid curiosity. He is not evil by nature. The acts he does are evil. To slave the undead and summon souls. But he does it from curiosity. This is why outwardly he would appear a normal man until his underlayer was exposed. He has been seen in the company of Lords and a pronounced bard of the realms. Well known by many by his oratory skills and composure as an ally. Of course all of this masking his dark tastes and the debauched hedonism that grew so extreme that it led to his faith in the promise devolving into a heresy of the eternal dawn. That a man who could walk eternally could outrun the night and that could only be done by a creature made of necrotic flesh and bone. So his growing interest in necromancy and the deviancy of his intimate desires.  This interest of being an eternal creature and walker of an infinite dawn brought his education to a philosophical concept of heretical followers of the promise who believed their faith in the promise is the only reason it continued to happen. A tulpa https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa#:~:text=Tulpa%20is%20a%20concept%20in,emanation%22%20or%20%22manifestation%22. made from their belief.

So selfishly he thinks that if enough people know and believe in him with love or hate. If he is on the lips of enough. If he can make the city remember his name. He can ensure a form of immortality by a tulpa formed from their belief for good or ill in him. The weight of their attention granting him what he believes a measure of strength. A necomantic bard who is a almost like a vampire who feeds on the attention of others because he believes through their attention and belief he can live forever. That the famous never truly die and that is why the king is so powerful because he is believed in and known in every ring.

An excellent example of Agares and his taste of necromancy is the ancestor from the Darkest Dungeon. This cutscene from darkest dungeon displays it well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHT5YLTZa_w. He is not evil because he kicks puppies. He is evil because he is careless sadistic and callous of his company. He smiles and laughs, sings and dances. Of course until things are not suiting for the orator. Then he is a creature of selfish interests and with an aspiration of immortality and hedonism.

His personal motto is One must try all things of pleasure and passion. From the darkest ink to the palest cream.[/hide]

Agares did not shy away from anything foul. Changelings. Blackmagic. Undead. Mutants. Anything. It was all part of his self discovery of why things were bad and how it could help him grow. His time was spent between writing poetry and hobbling around. Agares was all about spreading his name through fame and fortune to one day immortalize himself. I do not think I ever got anywhere close to that but just writing stories was a blast.

Here are some screen shots of his life. I had a great time and I interacted with so many people. TY for making the pc a great time.

[hide=Pictures of his life]

[/hide]

[hide=His outfit][/hide]

Oh he also was a cripple who limped everywhere too

Thank you for the time and company from everyone who came to visit him in the rat raft and rp all the lonely hours away.

Zytum

It seems that the cripple finally got that sweet sweet release he wanted. I had tons of fun playing with you <3 Hope we meet in another faction sometime soon. Now poor Gliern is an orphan without his cripple-dad.

Cat

The saddest man alive that I always loved to rp with. Thank you for making my time in the Bone Collectors fun in the short time I was there.

Ethika

Despite the few times we RPd together I always enjoyed it. The poetry quirk was quite cool, loved the piece you made for my character! I also always cracked up when i saw him running. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Les Abysses

Agares, noooo T_T

Great PC, I will miss him and our covert hangouts!

BigCook

RIP Mister Weyer
A very fun constant poetic presence, in his sewer age.

Wavy

Suffice to say, dope character. Agares and Gliern constant jabs at each other were. The slug man is going to miss his cripple.

Glomping Bandit

Strangeways

Wish you survived longer! I loved our rivalry.