Branger the Banger

Started by Random_White_Guy, April 07, 2022, 06:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

As a return to EFU I wanted my first concept back to make a splash and thrilled to say it didn't disappoint. The Dry Docks were so thematic and a treat to find added in my absence. Any Vets missing that Lower Vibe or new PCs who want to try a life of crime I 10/10 reccomend it.

The concept was simple enough - PCs often after being pickpocketed yell "STOP THIEF" and chug 400 gold worth of potions to run you down. So what if while they were running down a pickpocket, they turned a corner and ate a face full of Explosive? From that one silly idea I managed to string together a fun flash in the pan PC to bring some mischief and intrigue. My app goals were pretty straight forward.

Adding to that the mad bomber intrigue, the mischief that followed, and more I thoroughly enjoyed the play.

Quote1) Petty Crime:
- PIckpocket a retainer and when they yell thief and chase me? Lead them into traps and demo satchels and ambush
- Set up Wile E. Coyote traps to lure people into my bombs.
- Rope bridges booby trapped during dispensaries, setting bombs outside the Peerage Bridge when people try to do Sending Wars, Loot Pack holding 1 item in the ponds next to a satchel blown when they go to loot it, etc.
- Setting bombs and etc along choke points on the Ring Road to be a nuisance to other Ring Runner crews.

And that was pretty much it, hahah. So it's fun to say it was mission accomplished. Drugs and Ring Running were also the plan but both of those kind of fizzled out (Bomb pun intended).

[hide=Backstory]Branger Tinderfoot was a small scale petty crook who was born in the rings and survived as a pickpocket (Cutpurse + Lurker Perk), Drug Dealer (Appraise) and small time Arms Dealer (Tinkering) in Vunco's Drydocks. While no means living a glamorous life he managed to scrape enough profit from vice for a shitty rat hole, cigarettes, liquor, and enough snuff to earn tomorrow's bread and misery. Some day's he'd sell improvised weapons, some day's he'd sell drugs, some day's he'd sell the gems and jewelry that his customers brought when they were desperate and lacking of coin stolen from the Peerage. Supplying whatever he could to local gangsters to keep him viewed as an asset rather than prey.

Call it fate, call it coincidence, or call it a gift from Dogressa Grist unleashing unfettered mayhem - His talents overlapped in one stunning display as in a drunken stupor he mixed up his satchels. The result a "proprietary" blend of narcotic chemicals, tinkering greases and grenade pieces, and partial shavings from gemstones lead to a horrific explosion blowing out his ear drums (no listen), nearly blinding him (no spot), and almost killing him (10 con).

Not from some disciplined Wizard's laboratory, not from some honorable Lord's parlor, but in the filthiest alley in the worst slum a young misanthrope achieved the impossible: A way to break free of his lot in life. After weeks of recovery from the blast he's ready to begin his operations anew, to sow whatever he desires, however he desires, with enough explosive material to leave his mark on the world - be it as a legacy or a crater.[/hide]

First act of crime - Pickpocketing the augur Sverri, he ain't see that one coming.

First act of bombing - DM overseen Break in of the Sons of Iron shop (Thanks Skag!)

Most petty crime - Pickpocketing a sleeping Blackjack in Little Ticker while scouting (Thanks Bearic!)

Most profitable crime - A Moonspear vs the World Dispensary in which around 17 PCs in a row were pickpocketed for around 340 gold.

Favorite Crime - 3rd Bridge Bombing, having hidden the bomb in a great little nook by the Peerage Bridge Statue behind the outcropping, where PCs usually stood for watching duels. It was the best place to stash a backpack bomb. PCs either ignored it or didn't see it, which made the boom all the more pleasing.

Screenshots can be found here from most of what the stuff I shared above, but all in all it was a treat of a PC.

Not often do you get to have a fun climactic assassination attempt on your life, survive it and escape, and then get to ride off into the sunset as a criminal.

Thanks for everyone involved with my goofy hijinks.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

The Old Hack

Branger the Mash and Bangers!

He was cool. Nice to see you again, RwG.  :D

Jubek

I can easily say Branger brought of lot of unexpected events IG, and we couldn't exactly know where to look, where the next mischief would be! Great job, thanks a lot for bringing that breath of fresh air!