QOL for medicine herbs

Started by Vlaid, February 03, 2023, 05:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlaid

Assuming we ever get away from unlimited yellow ash style healing, it would be nice for the range of medicine herbs to be buffed to match yellow ash. It's extremely finnicky to use on people when they are moving or there is a touch of lag and it's quite frustrating when someone moves a bit and you have to use your round just to get "Target out of range".

Walrus Warwagon

Agreed, it was my main gripe with the herbs. Positioning. Otherwise I found them very satisfactory to use.

Octarine

It'd be nice if packing them into a pouch used the removed unique power animation too.

Dredi

I tried this alot as well - my suggestion would be replace the Unique power on herbs and similar items (All variety of herbs, Antivenomes, Sal tonics, Healing kits etc)  with "Unique power (Touch)" and remove the artificial range check from the script itself, so if the target moves out of range in the interrim it doesnt break it and waste a round - which can mean life or death sometimes.

This will let it function much more in line with how Cure wounds spell function in that you need to initially get close, but it is then forgiving if they move out of range mid animation.