RP Languages

Started by NecronomiconV, April 04, 2014, 06:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecronomiconV

Howlando

As our rules state there is only one spoken language in EFU for player characters. Using the occasional word (vedui) for flavor is an option but please do not attempt to communicate using racial languages.

So very sorry but I'm afraid this post is quite misleading for EFU!

NecronomiconV

Sincere apologies howland I was not aware. Please delete this then :c again sorry

Valo56

QuoteAs our rules state there is only one spoken language in EFU for player characters. Using the occasional word (vedui) for flavor is an option but please do not attempt to communicate using racial languages.
I could be wrong, but I'd stress one word in that: Communicate.

Using vedui and stuff occasionally to communicate is fine.. but say you're a priest of a dwarven god. Going and using a full sentence in dwarven as a prayer is perfectly fine. If it's done for flavor and not to actually try and communicate, you're probably in the clear.

There's also thieves' cant, which has been used quite often, though that's not really a full on "language" on its own, and has been fine thusfar.

So bard songs? Okay.
Prayers? Okay.
War cries? Okay.
Mottos? Okay.
General communication? Use very sparingly, such as for greetings or farewells.

Howlando

Valo's post is accurate. The development of code-signs and things like Thieves Cant is definitely fine.