[Long Term Sentencing]

Started by meow-mix, May 09, 2009, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous Bosch

It shouldn't be too awesome.
It's starting to sound better than Ymph. ;)

petey512

I dig it, it beats the crap out of being imprisoned and never getting to return because the arrestor in question is not in your timezone or is too busy to deal with your character ever.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

core

Quote from: petey512;124966I dig it, it beats the crap out of being imprisoned and never getting to return because the arrestor in question is not in your timezone or is too busy to deal with your character ever.

Any guard faction PC can process a prisoner, I think this is rarely a problem!

I do think that this would lead to people TRYING to get arrested, though.

Takinbymadness

Random_White_Guy

Quote from: Caddies;124960Are you guys actually for real? <_<

I never joke about Prison Island!

I doubt it'd be implemented in such a way, but I always thought something like this would be awesome.

A dream, let's say.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Luke Danger

Hell, it could be a entirely different server if it goes that far!

I'd highly advise that if done, Sharborneth PC's should be able to pick their spawnpoint, the Prison Isle (as security) or the Colony, and be able to transit between without major difficulty (IE, a small boat that ferries supplies and messages over might bring an Armsman along). Of course they shouldn't be able to go back and forth like nothing, but it would be nice to see Sharborneths being 'transfered' when it comes to duties.

derfo

maybe there could be long term prisons but like designated times during the day to be like prison group therapy or some shit for all current prisoners to log on and RP together and do the soap or gang quests or whatever

scribjellydonut

Imagine a Paladin who does something he thinks his god would want him to do, but the colony disagrees, and he is tied up in the legal system and found guilty, sent to prison. While in prison he slowly but surely falls from his god and loses his morals, and becomes evil... great RP

Anonymous Bosch

Quote from: "scribjellydonut"While in prison he slowly but surely falls from his god and loses his morals, and becomes evil... great RP
Definitely be interesting to see just how many rough showers it would take.

petey512

Quote from: core;124968Any guard faction PC can process a prisoner, I think this is rarely a problem!

I do think that this would lead to people TRYING to get arrested, though.

It's happened.

Regardless, I think prison island would be cool, and I think it should happen. I don't think people would "want" to be arrested if we made it kind of like how the underdark is now; No potion vendors, dangerous spawns, etc. etc.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

meow-mix

I guess the point of my suggestion, in its original form, was to encourage the existence of simple thugs, rather than just the "uncatchable criminal mastermind."  Because the drawback to playing a thug is, you're going to get caught.  This would make getting caught a chance for even more interesting RP and character development.

Even though I didn't think of the island  idea, I think it could be even cooler, especially if criminals were to slowly domesticate it.  Maybe even a hidden city of outlaws who may eventually find a way to get to and from the mainland.

I simply think that the current system of enforcement is too harsh to foster the "simple thug."  There needs to be a way where the player of this type of PC can do his deeds and not be assured of an instant capture, and all-to-quick end to his PC.  This option makes getting caught (at least for non executionworthy crimes) a chance for even MORE development and more fun, while also offering the law supporting PC's more courageous and visible targets to hunt down.  It's a win-win for everyone, except people getting mugged or racketeered by the new culture of in-your-face criminals.  :)

my two cents,
Meow-mix!

Kotenku

Any action that gives Guardsman PCs more to do with their time IG is something I support, based on when I played my own Watchman. (Cail Durris, 8 months, quite possibly the best PC in the history of forever)

As it stands, jail-time serves as more of an OOC punishment for committing IC crimes than an IC one. Therefore, it deters what should be one of the most interesting types of conflict from even occurring.

TheImpossibleDream

I wand that sends them to the other side of the bogs, lets see them survive the trip back alone!

petey512

Quote from: TheImpossibleDream;125019I wand that sends them to the other side of the bogs, lets see them survive the trip back alone!

lol, please don't do that.

TheImpossibleDream

Okay maybe just a maze filled with assassin vines and greater gel cubes.