[Long Term Sentencing]

Started by meow-mix, May 09, 2009, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow-mix

Though it came up as a joke in IRC, I think it would be cool if a mini area was designed specifically for PC's who have been sentenced to long term incarceration (weeks, days, whatever).  It could contain various mini quests.  You know, like a quest where "your cellmate" wants you to cut down a rival thug when he's out at the gravelyard, and in return he hooks you up with tips and tricks (or gear with big plusses to rogue skills).  Whatever.  Just something to be a bonus for criminal type PC's, because even if they get caught, it might be cool.  Everyone likes prison gangs!  Except people in prison who aren't members. :).

my two cents!
Meow-mix

Relinquish

Then everyone will want to get arrested to do this >_>

The Crimson Magician

"OH WHOOPS GUIS WE'RE OUT OF QUESTS TO DO LETS GO GET ARRESTED AND DO SOME MORE YA KNOW?"

Winston Martin

With 50% prisoners hostile to you like the warthogs are, so at any moment they may or may not attack your naked pc.

Luke Danger

Hang on, I thought Old Port followed the Geneva Convention when it came to POW's Winston! :P

UnholyWon

New quests such as:

Bubba's new bitch... err cellmate
and
Dont drop the soap
and
Back door smuggling... heh

Egon the Monkey

Just bring back rock breaking IMO. :D

Anonymous Bosch

I like it.
It'd make prison a place for criminals to really get to grips with a life of crime and make new criminal buddies.
Just like real prison!
Would also alleviate the OOC fear of getting busted, which a lot of young thugs might be going through.
Cigarette delivery: pass a hide check on the guard to get cigarettes from one area to another, and a concentration check to "produce" the goods in one piece.

derfo

yes personally i hate getting arrested but like doing the things that get me arrested, this would seriously alleviate some of the harsh feelings and bring some good vibes in my opinion

Random_White_Guy

As a PC I always preferred the execution route to a lengthy sentence/trial.

Its horribly boring since PCs can't always be around to give you that "Prison" vibe.

A prison Island, I'd say, would be kind of a cool implementation.

Prison PCs taken there, they spend a scripted amount of time there based upon their sentance.

While there they can just wander around and not be bothered or maybe work with a gang to fight another gang for some kind of prison-caliber reward (Dagger called "Shiv", etc)

Prisoners could meet eachother and plot perhaps. "What you in for? I broke a lads hand for Valara who was starting trouble in the bar" Oh yeah? I was brought in for working with Vlad and the Savagaes. If we get out of here, maybe we should chat."

Maybe the wand itself tosses you to the island? "A breakthrough of the The Mythallar's teleporting ability by Fassaud allows us to transport prisoners to a prison colony. A boat has been put in place to bring them back when time served"

"Your time has been served, speak with the guard to be sent back to the colony"

Rough ideas since i'm tired, but there's definitely some potential there I think.

I'd much rather see that than PCs getting fined for crimes, or getting locked away from the playerbase.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

Also would allow a spin on Exile.

"You have to spend A week upon the Isle, afterwords if you manage to find your way out of there, you're no longer welcomed on this colony".

Evil PC's could hijack vessels and make for the Island to rescue buddies, Folks could get stranded there as part of a random encounter fo the Rafting system, etc, instead of ooze jumping the raft.

"We've been thrown upon the Island of Prisonerous Intent because the water has grown choppy. Fend off criminals and speak to the captain when they are defeated so we can depart once more"

More rambling again since I'm tired, but yeah >_>
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Skrillix

All seditionists must go to Sedition Island.

DangerousDan

Prison Island is a great idea.
i walked one morning to the fair

Caddies

Are you guys actually for real? <_<

SkillFocuspwn

Prison Island is an awesome idea!

Having to work up enough money to bribe the guards / find resources in the dangerous Prison Island Jungle or even attack a tribe of monsters to steal their boat and escape would be awesome. Numerous Prison Island quests and ways to gather Prisoner PCs to help you with the neccesary jobs, all leading to your eventual escape from Prison Island.