Fixing Hitboxes

Started by Dillusionist, October 07, 2019, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillusionist

As many of you know a lot of the new Project Q models have very big collisions which makes them get stuck between placeables and in tunnels. Oftentimes the hitboxes are way larger than the model is: trolls, giant frogs, and giant slugs being especially big offenders.

If you encounter any OTHER monsters than these which get stuck or block movement when it seems they should not (e.i. you're standing 5 feet away and cant run around it) please post the name of the monster and location here, so I can figure out what model it has and make the appropriate 2da changes.

derkot

This thorn-covered things in Mongrelwoods can easy stuck.
Радостное одиночество.

Grouch

You may be referring to Thornhusks.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Ectheledhel

Alchemist Failed Experiment quest in Drips. The monster.

Blue41

Sunpurse gargoyles seem to be larger than they should be, making it tricky to get around them.

Knight Of Pentacles

Ectheledhel

Adult Wyvern in  Crosscurrents Uncharted Isles.

DYBIL

granny

If possible, can you fix the wild and polymorph forms too?

Paha

Quote from: granny on November 26, 2019, 12:49:11 PM
If possible, can you fix the wild and polymorph forms too?

As the original post said, if you want something to happen, it will help if you post names of creatures in question. If they are spoilerish, contact the man himself when possible.

Connipxions

I've noticed that some creatures have virtually zero collision, which is great as it makes sense for them (some Law summons etc).

I would request that snakes and serpents have their collision drastically reduced, perhaps to virtually zero. It makes sense for people to be able to step over them, and for them to be able to slither around or beneath people. At least, it does not make sense for them block people with big hitboxes.

Ruul Velstra: Some madness is fine. Madness is important. But not... /that/ much.

DYBIL

Ducks have enormous collision boxes compared to their model. Sometimes they can spawn in the Old Willow Ways and completely block pathing on the bridges.

SN

Half-Orc PC's.
Malar cats (might apply to other felines?)