Diabl0658's inane questions for the DMs

Started by Diabl0658, June 14, 2021, 05:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearic

Question 1:

No, that's not ideal if it gets into faction gear. Unless you have express permission on a case by case basis, I wouldn't. If you have supervision we can have NPCs of said Organization react to your guy being a fake.  With stuff like the puzzler outfit, which is more a set design, you could probably wear something of similar colour just fine, but it's better if people can spot it's a fake with minor differences.

Question 2:

I think that would be redundant because you would still have to make the suit to begin with, unless you plan on wearing the same outfit each pc you make, which is not something you should do. It's still a weird and unnecessary Alt PC regardless.

Diabl0658

Question 3: As the Spinning Groat is currently vacant, am I free to use animate dead or polymorph self without DM oversight in the main area? What about in the basement where the gladiators hang out?

Bearic

Ha, no. Yeah, people could walk in at any time and then you would need a DM for when you try to run away into NPCs.

Diabl0658

Question 4: Can a true neutral cleric have the Evil domain?

nevermind, someone showed me the answer to my question on the wiki

Diabl0658

Question 5: Are the names of city golems known? Some have very interesting name plates, such as the one inside the old archives, or the others in other places that I wont spoil. Is this IC info or are PCs not supposed to know their names?

Aethereal

Quote from: Diabl0658 on July 04, 2021, 06:35:06 AM
Question 5: Are the names of city golems known? Some have very interesting name plates, such as the one inside the old archives, or the others in other places that I wont spoil. Is this IC info or are PCs not supposed to know their names?
This is actually a very good question, in that perhaps there ought to be some leeway here regarding these names. The problem is they tend not to verbalise anything (the Ordo Arcanum attempted to communicate with one and it was a rather amusing and its own way IC educational affair) but their name is usually in reference to whatever task they are bound to almost always with singular focus.

Regardless, the way I approached it personally was to not know their names unless it was explicitly made known somehow. In this way I was able to learn a few names IC such as the golem who used to guard the Courthouse being named 'Though-The-Heavens-Fall', I think that name was first referenced to by the very original NPC Court Inquisitor in an announcement when the role became available for PCs as well as a certain golem in the Wizard Warrens who verbalised a warning that was the same as its name. I agree that they have very interesting names that would be something nice to inquire about and discuss more in-game!
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Diabl0658

Is it againt the naming rules to have a PC named something like "John the Bandit"? I know titles in names must be properly earned, but does "Bandit" count as a title and can I use it in the name of a PC meant to be an actual bandit?

Bearic

No, they should have a normal name. They could go by Bandit Jim, but their real name should be like Jim Davidson.

Diabl0658

Dredi

Diabl0658

Question 8: can DMs see alarm spells? They are invisible to players, but if a DM for example spawns a bunch of NPCs in an area a PC has cast alarm, would they be able to see it and notify the PC their alarm was tripped several times?

Dredi

My understanding of this is almost certainly not. If you're putting down an alarm spell specifically to interact or detect DM NPC's during an event then you're best telling the DM where you put it and what you're after so they can let you know manually if it pings.

Diabl0658

Question 9: Would I need DM oversight to teleport someone into a locked burgage room (and then teleport just myself out) in order to keep them there trapped? Would a DM just possess the landlady to let them out, thus making this a futile way of keeping someone trapped?

Bearic

Diabl0658

Is it okay to complete a quest by sneaking past all the regular enemies, killing the boss to trigger quest complete, and then escaping without any treasure, only taking xp from the quest?