Diabl0658's inane questions for the DMs

Started by Diabl0658, June 14, 2021, 05:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tala

Diabl0658

What happens during a full damage PvP if an npc kills someone, and no DM was there to witness? Should it be treated as permadeath? Should they be allowed to respawn back in 100?

What if the player intending to kill the one who falls to an npc hasn't actually dealt any damage yet (say they cast a hold person and then a hasted ogre bandit runs over and kills the victim in a single round)?

SunrypeSlim

Quote from: Diabl0658 on January 13, 2022, 08:47:34 PM
(say they cast a hold person and then a hasted ogre bandit runs over and kills the victim in a single round)?

I'd lol.
PM me for an apology! :3

Bearic

Quote from: Diabl0658 on January 13, 2022, 08:47:34 PM
What happens during a full damage PvP if an npc kills someone, and no DM was there to witness? Should it be treated as permadeath? Should they be allowed to respawn back in 100?

What if the player intending to kill the one who falls to an npc hasn't actually dealt any damage yet (say they cast a hold person and then a hasted ogre bandit runs over and kills the victim in a single round)?

If two pcs were fighting and one ran into their death by some monster, they could respawn, but ideally should respawn to their body. Otherwise, it's technically fair game to fight around monsters or otherwise.

Diabl0658

Question 12: Is it okay to cast buff spells on hostile NPCs (a war troll in the swamps for example) in the hopes they attack another PC?

Howlando

If it's in service to some kind of legitimate IC plot purpose / rivalry, then sure. If it's just random bored griefing, then no.

Diabl0658

Question 13: Is it okay to ask a player OOC for permission to sneak into their quest without notifying them IC, as opposed to getting a DM to facilitate such? For example, a stalker sorcerer sneaking into a ring challenge or even just an every day orcs run.

Howlando

My immediate reaction is that this probably isn't a great idea.

Astra

Can druids wear metallic rings and amulets? Like a gold ring or necklace.

Howlando

Diabl0658

Does counterspelling require setting players to hostile?

Tala

Diabl0658

There is a rule against placing traps on transitions, but im not sure how this ruling applies here:

If someone is teleporting towards me can I place a short duration damaging spell or trap on the spot of their arrival? (and setting hostile all of course)

Bearic

I would say no. The ruling against traps on transitions is to prevent players from being damaged before they load in. If they teleport in, that would also be loading in.

Diabl0658

Will this post be backed up or will it be lost forever?

Edit: This question has been answered.